1. We respect your vesting of time and trust in us. In return, we pledge to schedule your visits in the most timely fashion possible and practical. We strive to make your visits worthy of your time and trust. Appointments: episodic care same or next couple days, call early in the day (Dr Chan has reduced slots. Please see Dr Wong for timely visit. follow-ups as recommended by Dr Wong or Dr Chan chronic care within a week or as ordered by Dr Wong or Dr Chan physicals within 1-3 weeks, also as dictated by your insurance
2. Handicap Access: Our office is wheelchair accessible, with the exception of our bathrooms not retrofitable to comply with the American Disability Act of 1991 due to the age of our building (circa 1960). However, every effort will be made if individual needs assistance to use the rest room. With limited resources of a small medical office, we are unable to provide enhanced services (braille) for the blinds or patients requiring sign or other language interpreters. Our staff can provide limited but significant assistance in translations for Spanish speaking and Chinese speaking patients.
3. Prescription and refills
EPISODIC CARE Medications prescribed by Dr Wong and Dr Chan for an acute condition usually are of limited quantity and number of refills, specifically and precisely for that reason. Do not ask for refills unless specifically instructed by the Doctors. Requests will be rejected. You probably need to come in for follow-up visits.
CHRONIC CARE Prescriptions intended for long term use to treat and control chronic conditions require an initial titration and subsequent dose adjustment(s). Dr Wong or Dr Chan usually gives you 1 month supply with a refill and expects to see you in 4-6 weeks in a visit with appropriate pre-appointment laboratory test(s) to check for efficacy and side effects of the medication(s). Failure to do so may result in our inability to continue to treat you and your condition(s). Once we have the right dose, a long term prescription will be written for you to your specification (usually either a 30 or 90 day supply) with enough refills for one year. You understand explicitly that you are expected to return for follow-up at least once a year or sooner if instructed by Dr Wong or Dr Chan. Failure to do so may result in our inability to continue treating you and your condition(s). Due to the abuse perpetrated by most mail-order pharmacies for not honoring their inter-pharmacy transfers of prescriptions as provided by federal and state laws, requests for duplicate prescription refills before scheduled time may result in a charge for $5.00 per prescription per request.
ADD MEDICATIONS Dr Wong and Dr Chan do not treat ADD or ADHD. Referral will be given to our existing patients only to other appropriate providers.
CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES Dr Wong and Dr Chan discourage inappropriate use of any medications by any patient under his care. Patients who have the legitimate needs for them notwithstanding, the Doctors will actively identify individuals who abuse these prescriptions and refer them to the proper providers and authority.
TELEPHONE PRESCRIPTIONS Texas Medical Board provides stiff penalty for doctors who prescribe for their patients without first seeing them and maintaining documentation for doctor-patient encounters. Please do not ask.
4. Curbside Consultation. NO.
5. We respect your privacy. Not only are we in compliance of the applicable privacy laws and regulations, we have made it a habit not to discuss or divulge your information in the presence of others who are not part of our staff. Infractions are ground for dismissal.
6. We pledge to use plain language to communicate with you. Please do ask questions.
7. We reserve the right to not accept individuals who are discourteous, hostile, belligerent, or disrespectful of any of our staff members; and to discharge existing patients who are habitually displaying similar disregard of common decency.
8. Miscellaneous: Policy to stay in business We expect payment at the time of each visit. We do not carry open accounts. Form filling incidental to visit such as sport physicals is free. Form filling requiring signature only is free. Form filling requiring extraction of information from charts is $20.00/pg. Simple return to school or work notes are free. Custom letter writing is $50.00/pg. Off premise consultation and expert witness appearance is $500.00/hr minimum 2 hrs. Medical records: Chart printing is $0.50/pg Faxing of documents is free with proper authorization 1st class post of documents is $1.00/oz + of $0.50/pg Scanned copy in .pdf format is $10.00 provided that you supply the flash drive for data transfer. Please allow 3-5 business days for us to prepare your forms, letters or records.